A boat ride to The Leela Palace Udaipur
Arrival at The Leela Palace Udaipur
A lake-view room
The Maharaja Suite
The five-star hotel offers a glimpse into the grandeur of Udaipur’s regal heritage, with stately architecture, 72 lavish guestrooms, and traditional Rajasthani artwork. The Leela Palace Udaipur also boasts breathtaking view of the majestic Lake Pichola, with the Aravalli mountain range in the distance. Readers also cited the hotel’s “excellent” facilities, which include a spa where guests can unwind with Ayurveda-inspired treatments, a rooftop restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Coming in second, the Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch is situated in Saratoga, Wyoming, on 30,000 acres of pristine landscape. The runner-up was recognized for its highly refined luxury dude ranch experience that places a strong focus on environmental sustainability.
Here’s the ranking of the top 10 hotels in the world, by readers of Travel + Leisure:
1. The Leela Palace Udaipur, India
2. The Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch, Saratoga, Wyoming
3. Singita Sabi Sand, Sabi Sands Game Reserve, South Africa
4. The Farm at Cape Kidnappers, Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand
5. Gibb’s Farm, Karatu, Tanzania
6. JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam
7. The Mulia, Bali, Indonesia
8. Singita Grumeti, Serengeti National Park Area, Tanzania
9. (tie) Rosewood Beijing
9. (tie) Lapa Rios Lodge, Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
9. (tie) The Bushcamp Company’s Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa National Park, Zambia
On the complete list of the 100 best hotels around the globe, Asia once again reigns as the region with the most hotels honored by T+L readers, with a total of 22 properties. Coming in second is Africa, with 17 properties earning accolades.
In the U.S., 14 hotels appeared on the list, including Virginia’s Inn at Willow Grove (#24), New Mexico’s The Inn of the Five Graces (#33), and The Row Hotel at Assembly Row in Massachusetts.
Every year for the World’s Best Awards survey, T+L asks readers to weigh in on travel experiences around the globe. Hotels were rated on their facilities, location, service, food, and overall value.