Thanksgiving Procrastinators: What You’ll Pay If You Delay
A FareCompare employee once waited until the last minute to buy her college kid’s Thanksgiving flights and because she delayed, the tickets she thought would cost $500 had zoomed to $900. Don’t be a procrastinator; the longer you delay, the more you will pay. Now, some good news: You can still save some money.
What You’ll Pay If You Delay
This is what delays will cost for each day you delay your purchase.
- October: Add an average of $2 per day
- November: Add an average of $4 per day
And it can get worse: Here is a look at some of last year’s average daily price hikes (based on 2016 pricing data, September to November):
- Los Angeles to Boston, $7.50 per day
- Chicago to Atlanta, XXXX per day
- San Francisco to Newark, XXXX per day
[ADD CTA BUTTON ‘FIND FLIGHTS NOW’ BUTTON HERE?]
How to Avoid Daily Price Hikes
Avoid these daily price hikes by purchasing tickets now. The sooner you buy, the less you’ll pay
How to Find the Cheapest Possible Tickets
Are you headed to Grandma’s house to celebrate with the family, or do you just want to get away for a while? These tools will help.
- Thanksgiving Travel Guide: On the map, click the region you’ll visit at Thanksgiving to see which are the cheapest days to fly there; you’ll also see which airline has the most deals to this region.
- Getaway Map: If you’re flexible on where to go and when to fly, this is the map for you. Add the month (or season) you’d like to fly, then watch as deals pop-up instantly – for destinations around the world.
Other Ways to Cut Costs on Thanksgiving Travel
These tips will save money during the holidays or any time.
- Always compare airfares: No single airline always has the best deal; if you don’t compare, you might pay too much.
- Forego a little convenience: Most of us prefer non-stop flights but connections can be cheaper.
- Use a carry-on bag: Most airlines don’t charge a baggage fee for a carry-on; even better, the bag that travels by your side is the bag that won’t get lost.
Now, no more delays; buy your tickets now. And, wherever you go, whenever you fly, we at FareCompare hope you have a wonderful holiday!