The 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games will be the most exciting games to date! Beijing is the only place that has hosted both the Summer and Winter Olympics in the world. The Beijing Winter Games uses three competition zones: Central Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou all of which are quite distant from each other.
Holiday Inn Express Beijing
- Close to the National Stadium (“Bird’s Nest” for opening and closing ceremonies), the Beijing National Aquatics Center (for curling), the National Indoor Stadium (for ice hockey), the National Speed Skating Oval (the “Ice Ribbon” for short-track speed skating).
- Close to the Olympic Park.
- Close to Beijing Capital International Airport.
- Frequently used by visitors to attend the Beijing Auto Show.
Mercure Hotel Beijing
- Very close to the Captial Indoor Stadium (for figure skating, short track speed skating ), Wukesong Sports Center (for ice hockey), and Shougang Ski-jumping Platform (for Big-air snowboarding & freestyle skiing).
- Close to the must-see Summer Palace (Royal Garden), the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square via subway.
- Only 15 minutes away from Beijing North Train Station where you may take the high-speed rail to Yanqing or Zhangjiakou competition zone.
Holiday Inn Express Yanqing
- Close to the Yangqing National Alpine Skiing Center (for alpine skiing), the Yangqing National SlideingCenter (for bobsleigh, luge, and skeleton ).
- Close to the Great Wall at both the restored Badaling and original Great Wall of Stone Gorge Pass (perfect to take our one-day hike on the Great Wall for 4 hours).
- Close to the World Horticultural Exposition site.
- Close to the Longqing Gorge.
- 20 minutes on the bullet train from Beijing.
- 40 minutes on the bullet train to Zhangjiakou, another Winter Games zone.
- An official Olympic hotel appointed by the Olympic Organizing Committee.
Crowne Plaza Yanqing
- Right at the location of The National Slide Centre in Yanqing, one of the three hosting sites of the Winter Games.
- An official hotel for the Winter Olympics Committee.
- Ideal for watching alpine skiing, bobsleigh, Luge, and Skeleton .
- Close to the Great Wall at Badaling
- State-of-the-Art 5-star facility.
A new high-speed rail line connects Beijing and Yanqing. It departs from Beijing North Station to Yanqing frequently. It only takes 47 minutes! You may not have to stay in Yanqing if you do not want to.
Holiday Inn Express Zhangjiakou
- The most affordable international hotel located in downtown Zhangjiakou.
- Access to the Olympic venues with our private shuttle service.
- Ideal for watching free style skiing, cross-country skiing, skiing jump, biathlon, and snowboarding.
A new high-speed rail line connects Beijing and Zhangjiakou. It departs from Beijing North Station to Taizicheng Station in Chongli District, Zhangjiakou, where the Olympic Games are located. It only takes one hour.
From Taizicheng Station, there is a free shuttle bus to the competition venues, and there is also a tram linking Taizi Station to the sport centers. Because many of the Winter Olympics games start in the afternoon, you will have plenty of time to get to Zhangjiakou from Beijing, so you may not have to stay in Zhangjiakou or may stay only a couple of nights.
More information here